Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

RE: Fwd: Please post this anonymously (without my email-address a nd such)

From: "PIATT, BRET L (PB)" <bp3847 () sbc com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:13:59 -0700

I do believe its automatic in IE5.5 SP2 and IE6 and has to be
disabled through the registry.  I recall some information about this
from somebody on either this list or Bugtraq in the past month.  I
can't seem to find the message now, maybe somebody else can?  It had
a list of registry keys you need to change to disable this.

Bret Piatt   | Network Security Engineer II     | CISSP-CCNP-CCDP
SBC DataComm | Advanced Security Services Group | SCNA-RHCE-MCP