Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Opera Browser goes Crash

From: "Sephiroth" <sephiroth88 () inwind it>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:01:54 +0200

In data 23/10/01 18.53, Holmes, Ben ha scritto a  "Vuln-Dev (E-mail)"
<vuln-dev () securityfocus com> il seguente messaggio:

I usually use Opera browser (it truly is a fast browser), and it just
closed
when I went to a link...

The link was "http://www.malware.com/hello.html";

In Netscape, it is supposed to play a sound file...

In I.E it just comes up and allows to view source.
[...]

No crash here with this system:
Opera 5.12
Build 932
No Java Runtime
Language Italian
O.S. Win98 first ed. (italian).
Clicking on View Source button, just return a "404 Not Found" message.

My friend has the same system except in English language for opera, but his
browser crashes!
Of course Javascript is enabled.
I think it's likely a windows matter.

--