Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PGP sign highlight on mutt

From: Jason Kohles <jkohles () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:59:08 -0600

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 09:36:03AM -0600, Damieon Stark wrote:
Em Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:54:46PM -0200, Rodrigo Barbosa escreveu:
I don't know about you (or your mutt config), but mine shows a little "s"
on the status line on the bottom of the message, which I always check to
see if the message is really signed. Also, I get an 's' on the index.

      Additionally, I don't know about you folks, but when ever I receive a
signed message, I need to use ^L to get my screen to redraw after the call to
pgp messes it up ;)  I use that as a solid indicator that pgp ran...

On mutt 1.2.5i and probably some versions before that, the current time is
included as part of the highlighting:

[-- PGP output follows (current time: Thu Nov  1 10:57:43 2001) --]

If the current time is correct, then it's real, or else the sender is
very good at guessing what time you would read the message.

--
Red Hat Professional Consulting                 Jason Kohles
(703)786-8036 (cellular)                        jkohles () redhat com