Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

R: Synaptics TouchPad, strange packets.

From: "Valerio B." <support () selnet org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:55:19 +0100

I also have a synaptics - a vaio to be precise. What kind of firewall
do
you
have? Or is it a HIDS? Anyway, did you mean capture (log?) or block?

I'm using a firewall, of course I captured the packets, but I also blocked
the TouchPad program from accessing the network.

What's the frequency of the packets?

The frequency of the packets is occasional, it happens just sometimes when I
open a new connection.

I found a very similar problem, and did the same thing.  Also, I
found
that
the TouchPad program was taking up a LOT of CPU time, even when it
was
docked.  My performance improved dramatically when I did this.  Very
strange.

Marcus

I didn't find this problem on my machine, the two issues may be correlated
but I was unable to verify.
Sorry.

Valerio