Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: New Remote Hole found in Berkeley Fingerd!

From: 3APA3A <3APA3A () SECURITY NNOV RU>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:29:16 +0300

Hello vuln-dev,

First,  this  vulnerability  has  no  relation to Berkley (BSD) fingerd.
Buggy application is "Doug's WWW Finger Gateway".

Second,  as  it  was  noted  for many times, %0a encoding is hexadecimal
ASCII, not Unicode encoding, so phrase

 "This  bug  can  be  exploited  with  Unicode / CGI Decode exploit from
 Microsoft called Internet Explorer."

is funny, but completely mess.