Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: New bugs discovered!

From: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <lwc () Vapid dhs org>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:13:31 -0500 (EST)

I think we are going to find a new era of buffer overflows, not in
the daemons themselves but the user utilities that they call.  Overflows
in non-setuid binaries might be worth cataloging if these binaries are
being called by applications that are listening to a socket.

This might be a good time to be thinking about what relies on what.