Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: How i DIDNT turn my CM into a sniffer

From: me me <inigma_x () HOTMAIL COM>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 14:16:18 -0000

I used a Network Anaylzer to view my notwork traffic. Your modem should send
out a few broadcasts when it boots up.

--
Justin

From: "zeroxt" <"zeroxt () supercable es"@smtp.supercable.es>
To: "me me" <inigma_x () HOTMAIL COM>
Subject: Re: How i DIDNT turn my CM into a sniffer
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:39:44 +0200

Hi man, how did you get the ip of the cablemodem? I dont get it... I know
my
dhcp server has 192.168.253.70, cause I get packets from that ip, but I
have
tried to ping 192.162.253.x and dont get any other answer.. Any way to get
it? cause my ISP is not gonna tell me it.