Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Bug or just having fun in Word

From: "Juan M. Courcoul" <courcoul () campus qro itesm mx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:45:04 -0600

Y'all might enjoy visiting:

        http://www.eeggs.com/

and, yes, this "feature", aka 'insert Sample text', is listed there.

Cheers,

J. Courcoul

Jim Goltz wrote:

      > = rand (200,99)

I would guess that this is probably a left-over from the initial testing and
debugging.

"How to Insert Sample Text into a Document"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q157/3/73.asp

Given that Microsoft documents it (albeit obscurely), I seriously doubt that they are paying anyone to tell them how
and why it works.

What I want to know is, why does everyone always type "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (34 letters) and
not "Jackdaws love my big sphinx of quartz" (30) or even "Glyphs cwm fjord-bank vext quiz" (26 letters)?