Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Word Macros & file sharing?

From: Nelson Brito <nelson () SECUNET COM BR>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:47:11 -0300

Meritt James wrote:

Can word macros enable file sharing?

Given the rash of viri and that "Hacking for idiots" GUI, this seems to
be a dangerous combination that will soon hit (if it works).

In WindowsNT/9x/2K you find a NetShareAdd()(Win32 API), so if you find a
equivalent function in VB you could do this, unfortunately I don't know nothing
about VB or VBS.

--
James W. Meritt, CISSP, CISA
Booz*Allen & Hamilton

Sem mais,
--
|Nelson Brito        |  Security Networks / IBQN                      |
|                    |  Avenida General Justo, 365 - 4° Andar - Centro|