Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: VERY POOR TITLE... master.cgi

From: John <johns () tampabay rr com>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 19:05:04 -0400

Hi KF I couldn't find any reference to this script except
for one and that turned up nothing. I talked to the vendor for
about two days and it turned out that he was not the author of
the script I was looking for, but he decided to review all of
his source code after talking with me =) I ask the list for help
because an associate of mine found a exploit on an compromised
machine for master.cgi, so, I wanted to get in contact with the
vendor to see if they know about this vulnerability. Also,
sorry for the mistake on the subject.

KF wrote:

I searched a bit on the net for master.cgi and there are several
possibilities...
can you perhaps paste the url you use to run your version of
master.cgi... a few cgi variables will help determine which one it is
that you use...
-Kevin Finisterre

John wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has any kind of contact for the vendor
of a CGI script named "master.cgi"? I'm sorry, but I don't have
any other details other than that. Thank you.

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined

--
The events which transpired five thousand years ago;
Five years ago or five minutes ago, have determined
what will happen five minutes from now; five years
From now or five thousand years from now.