Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: suid scotty (ntping) overflow (fwd)

From: "Larry W. Cashdollar" <lwc () Vapid dhs org>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:32:41 -0400 (EDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 12:31:23 +0200
From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw () ibr cs tu-bs de>
To: lwc () vapid dhs org
Subject: Re: suid scotty (ntping) overflow (fwd)

Larry W Cashdollar writes:

Larry> Sir, I am subscribed to the vuln-dev mailing list at
Larry> securityfocus, a member has found a buffer overflow in
Larry> ntping.c. I have dug deeper and written an exploit and made a
Larry> recommendation for a fix.  Please see below.

I have fixed this problem in scotty 2.1.11 which I just released a few
minutes ago.

/js

--
<schoenw () ibr cs tu-bs de>  Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks