Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Cons and Security Validation

From: "Rowe, Michael CONT" <Michael.Rowe () CNET NAVY MIL>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:07:56 -0600

<snip>
Because, once you offer highly
desirable prizes (like, say, a big wad of cash ;-)), then you're going
to attract a whole different set of people coming after your machine;
and, most of them are probably NOT the type you really want to have
testing your security...
</snip>

 I may have missed something, but in the security world, you can now pick
and choose who you want attacking your machines? Someone forgot to tell
me... LoL. I thought the idea was to attract ALL kinds of people and see how
the product holds up under "real world" testing.
~M