Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: "O'Kelly, Aidan" <okelly () XNET IE>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 15:04:15 -0000

I wasnt able to reproduce this, IE limits the amount of A's i enter in the
address bar. I wonder why? quick fix? quite possible, also, if you visit a
page with a link with a lot of A's in it, (or any other string thats 1k long
I presume) It shows it as a link, but wont let you click it. I wonder what
other ways you could stuff a long buffer into the IE address bar
such as Response.Redirect, Meta refresh tags probably some other ways, link
from outlook or something. My IE is version 5.50.4134.0600 on NT 4 Service
Pack 4

Aidan O'Kelly
System Administrator
Xnet Information Systems