Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: WIN2K security bug with FTP. Bug allows any file to bedeleted from the remote system.

From: Kevin van der Raad <k.van.der.raad () itsec nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:16:09 +0100

I can just confirm this vulnerability localy on a machine. When I did
c:\ftp ftp.target.com the file on my local machine got overwritten.
Then, it just worked on files I normaly (outside ftp) have access to, it
did not work on other local files (from other users). In this case it is
not even a local vulnerability.

I tested this on a Windows 2000 Advanced Server 5.00.2195 as well.

--

        Kevin van der Raad <mailto:k.van.der.raad () itsec nl>

        ITsec Nederland B.V. <http://www.itsec.nl>
        Informatiebeveiliging
        Exploit & Vulnerability Alerting Service

        P.O. box 5120
        NL 2000 GC Haarlem
        Tel +31(0)23 542 05 78
        Fax +31(0)23 534 54 77

--

ITsec Nederland B.V. may not be held liable for the effects or damages
caused by the direct or indirect use of the information or functionality