Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Strange e-mails from Excite.com

From: Kristen Brooks <krbrooks1_1999 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:04:01 -0800

We have seen the same thing from at least 2 Excite
addresses. One of our support people sent a reply to
the one address and that person replied back asking if
that was to correct mailing address to send a
grievance. Haven't back from either address since.

My Web site has received 3 e-mails in the last week,
via a Web
Support form (believe it is a CGI form), from the
Excite.com
domain. All three e-mails asked verbatim:

"What's your corporate HQ street address?"