Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: BitchX Segmentation Fault

From: Ugen <ugen () xonix com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 12:16:21 -0500

 Seems to me this is becoming a list to discuss various crashes/faults
in client applications. There are millions of these...
Their exploitability is very low to none and *imo* such discussion really takes
the list off it's core business of "Vulnerabilities Development"...
--Ugen

Erik Sperling Johansen wrote:

Hello vuln-dev,

I don't know if this is a widely known thing, but recently I.. um...
discovered a segmentation fault bug in every BitchX irc client I've
encountered.

There are LOTS of segfaults in BitchX. I've reported a 4-5 to the
developers during the last month, but fixes seem to be slow.