Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: yet another fake exploit making rounds

From: xbud <xbud () g0thead com>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 11:25:13 -0600

Perhaps we all ought to oblige them by sending them bogus /etc/passwd files
and let them spin there wheels trying to crack the passwords.

Why bother giving them the attention they want...?

Or alternately, grab a few hundred megabytes of random garbage to send
them...
I'm sure they don't host it themselves and mail.com won't appreciate anyone
flooding it's mail boxes.

Asking mail.com staff nicely to remove the account might be a more positive
way of dealing with it.

umm and perhaps el8.8m.com should do some analytical research before posting
'0-day' code.

$.02
-xbud