Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Wireless Lans give EVERYONE ACCESS

From: Russell Handorf <rhandorf () mail russells-world com>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2001 19:52:32 -0400

i mean ip- my bad :P im the one on crack ;) my bad typo

At 04:46 PM 8/6/2001 -0700, you wrote:
Perhaps I'm on crack, but I've never encountered a MAC address of the
format "127.0.0.1". That is typically known as an IP address. A MAC
address is the physical ethernet address of the card. It typically has a
format like:

ether 00:d0:09:1e:be:04

While some cards allow you to change the MAC address, and this is
certainly a problem for networks which use MAC-based authentication, I
don't think that's what you were doing.

-gabe