Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Windows XP RC2

From: "Dino" <slayer67 () apk net>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 06:57:23 -0400

I added time.windows.com to a 3rd party NTP app and it could not get the
time from time.windows.com.
I tried it on Unix also and it did not work either ;)

Maybe there timeserver is not RF868 compliant or just typical MS-centric?

Subject: Re: Windows XP RC2

Hi Listers,

I am new to this list and if my reply is out of line, please forgive me.

How hard would it be to write a pseudo client for the *nix os's that would
query time.microsoft.com and then use or not use the information as the
programmer would deem appropriate?  If there were enough pseudo clients
out
there, it would throw a big monkey wrench into the statistics (if any)
that
M$ is gathering.