Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[Fwd: ScanMail Message: To Sender, sensitive content found and action taken.]

From: Crispin Cowan <crispin () WIREX COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:49:14 -0700

Is anyone else distressed at the amount of crap one gets when a post
goes out to a large mailing list?  I get 5 to 10 pieces of floatsam
every time one of my posts appears on Bugtraq, firewall-wizards, or
vuln-dev.  At first it was just assorted idiots using vacation 'bots
that can't tell the difference between mailing list traffic and personal
e-mail.

Now I'm starting to get bounces from censor-ware that has decided I'm a
smut-monger because I may use naughty words in a post.  On at least one
occasion, I got a bounce because I mentioned the BitchX client.

Blue Boar:  What is the list policy on this stuff?  Do people who leave
idiot robots connected to the list get dropped?  I wish they would.
Preferably with a note sent to their subscription address telling them
that they've been dropped for having a robot subscribed to the list.

Thanks,
    Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.
Chief Research Scientist, WireX Communications, Inc. http://wirex.com

--- Begin Message --- From: System Attendant <AASSVR3-SA () accurateairsystems com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 13:09:09 -0500
Trend SMEX Content Filter has detected sensitive content.

Place = VULN-DEV () SECURITYFOCUS COM; ; ; crispin () WIREX COM
Sender = Crispin Cowan
Subject = Re: CGI scripts in sh
Delivery Time = September 23, 2000 (Saturday) 13:09:07
Policy = Dirty Words
Action on this mail = Quarantine message

Warning message from administrator:
Sender, Content filter has detected a sensitive e-mail.

--- End Message ---