Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Voice over IP security - anyone?

From: John Sharpe <John.Sharpe () TELINTGLOBAL COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 09:51:00 +0100

http://www.observer-analyser.co.uk/default.htm I've not tried it but I met
them at the Networks 2000 show in Birmingham, UK, last year and they assured
me that it could record and replay H.323 traffic. It seems like a perfectly
possible proposition, you can get demo version from them to try it.

When I last looked at the published H.323 family of protocols it seemed that
the section dealing with security was "for further study".

A page with links to standards and test applications etc can be found at
http://www.rdg.ac.uk/ITS/NOC/H323VC/links.html

I'm planning on trying voice within a VPN tunnel which seems like a way to
address the security issue. Obviously I would expect to use hardware
encryption to deal with the latency issue.

John Sharpe