Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Cisco 678 exploit

From: Joe <joe () blarg net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:56:55 -0700

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Damir Rajnovic wrote:

Hello George,

At 21:55 11/10/2000 -0400, George wrote:
Is there anyone on this list who could help me track this down further? It
seems to me that if this is in fact affecting the router and not machine2
that this would be a very simple way for one person inside a company to
knock out the internet connection so I think it could classify as an
exploit.

We are on the list and we can help you. Even more, we can fix
that for you, if it proves to be a problem.

As usual, we like when people reports such things so that we can
fix them. The best of all we like when people send a mail to us
first so that we do not have to rush things (yada, yada, yada -
insert standard vendor's complains here).

That's why this is called "vulnerability development" instead of
"vulnerability disclosure". George was asking for assistance in determining
if this even -was- a problem, which is what this list is all about.

And next time you want to complain about "vendor notification", go take a
look at the Cisco 675 vulnerability I sent you in JANUARY that you guys still
haven't fixed. Subject was 'Cisco 675 CISCO_WEB DoS Attack', sent to
security-alert () cisco com on January 10th, 2000.

--
Joe                                     Technical Support
General Support:  support () blarg net     Blarg! Online Services, Inc.