Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ascii decoder

From: Slawek <sgp () TELSATGP COM PL>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:46:21 +0200

Wednesday, October 11, 2000 7:12 PM +0200, Kev wrote:
My decode routine looks like this:
LLLLZTYT_T639WX-LLLL0B1RYkA20A3A2A2B20B2BWX4.8A2rS
          ^
Although now permitted (I believe; I haven't read the relevant RFCs),
"_" has traditionally been prohibited by many parsers.  FYI.

Hi Kev, hi list,

rfc 1033: "DOMAIN ADMINISTRATORS OPERATIONS GUIDE"

NAMES
only the following characters are recommended for use in a host name
(besides the dot separator):
           "A-Z", "a-z", "0-9", dash and underscore

Anyway if somebody can confirm it's not allowed to use underscore in the
hostname, I can show it's easy to modify the decoder so it will not be using
it anymore ;)

Bye,
Slawek