Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: C versus other languages,

From: "Robert A. Seace" <ras () SLARTIBARTFAST MAGRATHEA COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 15:21:55 -0400

In the profound words of Ben Galehouse:

"Bluefish (P.Magnusson)" wrote:
[SNIP]
Additionally, many people trust binary-only compilers... If you are really
paranoid, that's not a good thing :)  (to be honest, I'm not that
paranoid)

I've seen stories, supposedly from the early days of unix, regarding a
pariticular c compiler.  In would compile files normally, unless it was
compiling login... or itself.

        That would be:

http://www.acm.org/classics/sep95/

        It's one of my all-time favorite stories of an extremely
cool hack... ;-)

--
||    Rob Seace    ||               URL              || ras () magrathea com ||