Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: HSS Attack (?)

From: Thiebaut <thiebaut.adsl () WANADOO FR>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 14:44:11 +0100

Has anyone on this
list ever heard of an HSS Attack? Here's the text from their
home page:

no idea BUT ...

US WARE CUSTOMER ANNOUNCEMENT, November 4, 2000.

We did have an HSS attack on the server 66.usware.net,
IP address range 206.25.213.*. The appropriate authorities
have been alerted and are working with us on determining
who is responsible for the attack.

... this is the interesting part. "Authorities have been alerted" whow
!!!  I love that, and I guess you're going to love it too, because
that's where the "LaWyERz attack" takes place.

One :  If they alerted the appropriate authorities (FBI I believe if
it's in US) they might have a copy of at least some kind of deposition.

Two : ask a copy of the deposition

Tree : If they refuse launch the LawyeR Attack (goto four)

Four (lawer attack) :  Contact a lawer, talk to him about your case.
You'll be impressed to discover you HAVE SO MANY RIGHTS (unused).

Five : If the lawyer attack failed, just mail them and ask "hey guys
what's the HSS attack anyway ?!?"

Seriously. If they really had a problem they should be able to show some
papers (FBI report ...)

ThD
;-)