Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

can anyone tell me if this is something to worried/concerned abou t?

From: Chico Demetroff <chico () SUMMITPRO COM>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 14:19:31 -0500

this came from 'dmesg':
"demasq recursion detected. Check masq modules configuration"

------- code snip from ip_input.c ---------
 246 #ifdef CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE
 247         /*
 248          * Do we need to de-masquerade this packet?
 249          */
 250         {
 251                 int ret;
 252                 /*
 253                  *      Some masq modules can re-inject packets if
 254                  *      bad configured.
 255                  */
 256
 257                 if((IPCB(skb)->flags&IPSKB_MASQUERADED)) {
 258                         printk(KERN_DEBUG "ip_input(): demasq recursion
detected. Check masq modules configuration\n");
 259                         kfree_skb(skb);
 260                         return 0;
 261                 }
 262
 263                 ret = ip_fw_demasquerade(&skb);

only thing i can figure is maybe it has somethin to do w/ my oident masq
ident daemon or maybe ip_masq_irc.o or ip_masq_ftp.o modules that i have
loaded?

any thoughts..

thx. in advance.. ;-]