Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Why not a changeling?

From: whitevampire () MINDLESS COM (White Vampire)
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:34:37 -0400

On Thu, May 25, 2000 at 10:07:59AM -0400, Dick St.Peters(stpeters () NetHeaven com) wrote:
: Is the net only for the smart?

        No, but it might be a 'better' place if it was.  :)

: I have users who are illiterate.  They can't read, but they can click.
: Some get audio clips in their native language from people they haven't
: seen in decades.  Maybe I should tell them we've decided the software
: that does this for them is stupid software and we won't allow it
: anymore?

        I was not the one speaking for the total disabling of
attachments (or MIME).

: Others will learn to read later when they're old enough to go to
: school.  Maybe I should tell them they're stupid lusers who don't
: belong on our net until they get their CS degrees?
:
: I have a user in the final stages of a degenerative neurological
: disease.  He can move only his eyes and one toe.  With a jury-rigged
: toe-operated mouse he can struggle through reading email, but just
: having to click OK to view something would be a major hassle.  Maybe
: his account should be canceled because a toe-operated pointer is too
: stupid an implementation?
:
: I think not.  The net has so much value in part because it can and
: does accommodate so many more people than just the literate
: English-speaking young adult elite of the industrialized world.

        All interesting points.  Not to discount your words, but my
understanding was that all this was directed towards me.  I am not sure
of the relevance of this to anything I personally said.

Regards,

--
   /  \    /  \   \ /   / White Vampire\Rem

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>