Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Alternative ways of IP spoofing?

From: thenetdr () YAHOO COM (John D. Burkett)
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:38:36 -0700

If host "x" is on the same IP Network, I don't think
the router would be a concern as there would likely
not be the same ip network on more then one of the
routers interfaces.

Some switches have options to block stuff tho, but
it's not too common to find that feature used on a
small LAN.

-John

--- Doru Petrescu <pdoru () KAPPA RO> wrote:
  There is another problem with your scenario. A
well configured router
will not accept to forward a packet to a brodcast
address. Why ? Imagine
someone sending a fake echo request from a brodcast
address to your
brodcast address.

Best regards,
------
Doru Petrescu
KappaNet - Software Engineer
E-mail: pdoru () kappa ro              LINUX - the choice of the
GNU generation