Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Blind Remote Buffer Overflow (fwd)

From: xm () GEEKMAFIA DYNIP COM (Ex Machina)
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:17:03 -0400

Another good way to discern os and platform remotely would be to look up
the ethernet card's OUI in the IEEE database. Chances are you'll be able
to tell the hardware platform.

Ex Machina (xm () geekmafia dynip com)    http://geekmafia.dynip.com/~xm/
phone:  1-877-LPT-WHIP         icq:  3387005           aim:  ExMachina
GnuPG Keyprint:     0627 C3A8 DE25 F7FB 46BD  4870 2006 CF7F EBDA 949D