Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Networking theories

From: Matthew.King () CWO NET AU (Matthew King)
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 09:21:19 +1000

Hi.

I am not sure how easy something like this would be to put into practise.

Source Quench packets contain the first 64 bytes of the original datagram's
data.. You would have to obtain this information some how, perhaps via
sniffing. If I am wrong, please let me know.. As far as I can tell, this
would be the limiting factor to using this as a type of DoS.

Cya
Matthew