Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: NT 4.0 (Workstation) Logon Authentication Vulnerability

From: andrej () KTU EDU (andrej () KTU EDU)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:51:38 +0200

The Winnt caching username and password as well as user rights, thats mean,
the workstation store user registry and user rights and basically user is
being authenticated only once when he(she) login. So there are NO
authentications done while user is logged on. The different thing is if user
is deleted. in that case i recommend a domain admins to enable roaming
profiles and don't let users to login if roaming profile fails. This really
helps.

   Sincerely,

--Andrejus Stavickis (MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA)
KTU SC UESM
Studentu 48a-203
Kaunas, 3028
LITHUANIA