Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: ie5 and .doc URLs

From: security-lists () SERVER KAPOW DK (security-lists () SERVER KAPOW DK)
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 21:08:56 +0200

xxx - "GET /_vti_inf.html HTTP/1.0" 200 3042
xxx - "POST /_vti_bin/shtml.exe/_vti_rpc HTTP/1.0" 302 215

I do not know anything about anything, but I recognice the _vti_-thingies
as something comming with the frontpage-extensions to apache, so I guess
the thing hopes to talk to something like frontpage. The implications is
left as an exercise to the interested reader ;-)

Hope this was useful in some way.

/Nikolaj

So, it seems  IE5 has a rather mononeuronal behaviour  when dealing with
.doc URLs. I  am actually wondering whether the fact  that the shtml.exe
is  called with  the  POST  method could  allow  something  *bad* to  be
performed against  IE5. I  believe a  GET would have  been OK,  but what
about POST?