Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Virus Scan Notices in eMail

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:37:54 +0200

Agree, you're 100% right about this opening up for social engineering. And
depending on setup, surely viruses can escape checking in some
installations.

Maybe the user receives an email at home, believing it has been passed
through the scanner at his job. Or worse, what a company use one server
for internal mails and one for incomming, only the later being scanned?

Besides, the notice would anoy me a lot if I recieved it constantly ;)

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team