Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: default password list (BIOS Master Passwords)

From: 11a () GMX NET (Bluefish)
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 01:48:53 +0200

AMI                             589589    *
                                bios310   **
                                KILLCMOS  **
Award                           1EAAh     ***

*: not AMI but Award
**: these are softwares (or names of .exes) which have ended
      upp in these lists by missunderstandings. They are not passwords.
***: I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that is refering to a encipher password
      at 0x000FEC60. It shouldn't be usefull unless deciphered.

Additional comment; as you notice there are tons of Award passwords. This
is probably due to the fact that several are different passwords which all
match the (weak) hash at 0x000FEC60. If there's an interest in removing
"clones", I could put together a software which checks if a password match
under the old award hash routine.

Thanks for a good list! :)

Bluefish - Developer of "!BIOS"
  (programmers who are interested in working on the !BIOS project can
   contact me, more information available at www.11a.nu. Project rather
   inactive currently)

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team