Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Catalyst switches

From: andreas () ANDREAS ORG (andreas () ANDREAS ORG)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 18:52:40 -0400

Jeremy Guthrie <guthrie () BERBEE COM> writes:

Then there are other games with vendor specific components such as cisco's
CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) - again often times in an effort to
say: "Hey, I'm another switch - get that in your head and let's start
talking".
This should be turned off.  It is nice in practice, useless in the real world
for security.

In our setup, multicast won't work unless CDP is enabled. And don't
ask why, Cisco doesn't know either.

Andreas

--
'Wir leben in der Unterhaltungsbranche.  Wuerde sonst jemand ernsthaft
ueber "NT" als Server - OS nachdenken ?' -- Hans Bonfigt