Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: IIS anonymous user - who?

From: mrousseau () LABCAL COM (Maxime Rousseau)
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:04:15 -0400

If you remove the IUSR account from the web pages' ACLs (or the whole
system) it dosent really matter if Everyone still has access. Everyone
includes null pipes or anonymous connections, that is why you see the
behaviour you are describing. If by 'Everyone' you want only 'all the nt
users' you might want to change it to 'Authenticated Users' or
something. To have really fine control over who sees what, you might
want to only work with IUSR and remove the 'Everyone' all around. But
thats just me.

M.