Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: BackOrifice == DDoS Server???

From: Ryan () EEYE COM (Ryan Permeh)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 09:06:36 -0700

actually, such a tool already exists for bo2k, and is availible as a plugin.
it is a simple proof of concept, and is not as "powerful" as some of the
more widely availible ddos tools, simply because bo2k does not feature
distibuted computing capability.  i was playing with this, but the obstacles
are too great(time and testbed, mostly) to getting that complete.  The ddos
plugin is a UDP flooder(simple socket loop), that does not hide the source
address, does not spoof, and is not very sneaky.  However, it was easily
able to fill a 10 megabyte segment.  I added some lysine features to make it
easily spottable and stoppable(ie: you can't spoof, you can't shut it off
once it was on, lack of distributed attack features), however, the concept
of this type of attack is not new.

I don't have the source/dist handy for this anymore, but i'm certain it's
floating still.(check the bo2k mailing list for more information)

Signed,
Ryan
eEye Digital Security Team
http://www.eEye.com