Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: iishack/tesoiis.c - What's wrong ?

From: SysAdmin () SASSPRODUCTIONS COM (Seth Georgion)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 14:58:17 -0500

I have had the same problems but I haven't used the teso version. My only guess is that some servers have a Firewall in
front of them set to deny outbound connections. From what I understand, and I defer to others, the exploit code forces
the server to make an outbound request for the file. I think, and I'm really not sure, that this is designed so that
the file can be anything you choose that you can serve. If this is the case than we all would be eternally grateful if
someone could modify the source so that it sends a file in the same folder as iishack with an already specified name.
Thus the program could automatically send the file hack.exe and you could just place the file you want to send, renamed
to hack.exe, in the same folder. The other thing that I think might be going on is that the server is designed or the
router set up so that no traffic is allowed to port 99 or any port other than 80 thus no workey, also, stupidly enough,
ncx is hacked to only honor the first connection with the terminal so if you're using it on your site and getting
connection requests at the same time it will drop the terminal to another connection request, i.e. a home user with a
browser that won't see anything anyway. Someone should also change the version of ncx so it's passed with the argument
to stay active. I wish I could write the code but then isn't that what vuln-dev is for?