Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: its: recursion

From: akeju00 () IONAPREP ORG (Usman)
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:31:21 -0500

Same here - nothing by itself, crash with 37. However, when it crashes it
doesn't close.. it just sits there forever, eating up anywhere from 70% to 98%
of system resources, even after several attempts at CTRL+ALT+DEL end-tasking it.
It's pretty nasty and annoying. I don't know for sure what the its: protocol in
IE is for - maybe NetZip as one person said, prolly not - but I suspect it
*might* have something to do with MSIE's poor implementation of a relatively new
protocol called NTCIP. You can read more about it at these sites, umong others:

http://www.ntcip.org/
http://www.io.com/~itehq/NTCIP.htm
http://www.itsonline.com/
http://www.nawgits.com/icdn.html

...I'm probably completely wrong about all this, though. BTW, I'm on a Win95 box
w/ IE 5.00.2919.6307

-Usman Akeju
~
;]                |||||
                   õ¿ô-
"Go beavers!!." ~~   0
~

Shashi Dookhee wrote:

The single its didnt kill me but the multiple one did!   And now my entire
machine is playing up!  Its very slow in everything it does..  For example,
I cant see what I am typing right now unless I minimise Outlook Express, and
reopen it!  When I ran it also, it didnt crash IE itself, it took Windows
Explorer with it...  But then I guess IE and Windows Explorer are virtually
one and same anywayz :P

I'm running Win98, with IE4...  Now I am gonna hafta reboot..  *grumblez*

Shash
UNIX Programmer/Senior Systems Administrator
Traffic Interactive Ltd