Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

GATEWAY ?

From: Julian Linton <jlinton () CIS FAMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:44:28 -0500

I'm behind a NOMADIX USG which restrict users from accessing the internet
w/ out a valid username password. Once you enter the username/pass it will
never ask you for it again.  It remembers your MAC address and let you
through each time after that. If a new mac address was to enter the
network it would ask for user/pass combo.. this is my ?, is it possible to
fool this device into letting a MAC address through w/out a valid
user/pass. If a change my MAC address to one that was already verify that
work, but is there another way.
 by the way all computers inside the LAN share the same IP address once it
get through this USG device also it is probally the gateway.

Julian  Linton
CIS () famu edu