Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Win2K Local DoS?

From: Oliver Friedrichs <ofriedrichs () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 10:06:32 -0700

Can you also try removing your \WINNT directory and see what happens?  A
little bit of sarcasm.  Quite honestly I'm sure there are thousands of
methods you can use to muck up your system if you wanted to, running
arbitrary programs (which a normal user wouldn't run) is one of them.  Once
you have execute permission on a Windows system there's not alot limiting
you from using resources.

- Oliver