Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Whats this "repair.hta"

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () THIEVCO COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:40:28 -0700

Sorry about that folks.  When I approved the note, the code looked
like it was in the note body, not done as an attachment.  The
way the notes arrive for approval, it's not always easy to tell.  As such,
it's possible that someone double-clicking on this will launch
it if they haven't taken the precautions that have been recommended
over and over again for the last year or so regarding such
attachments.

This just demonstrates that you can't rely on the moderator to save
you by catching everything perfectly.  As a reminder, folks who want
to share malware with the list should ideal drop it in a passworded
.zip file to avoid setting off the scanning gateways.  No doubt
the original poster now understands why, as the gateways will be
mailbombing him over the next few months. :)

                                        BB

Mick Pollard wrote:

Hiya peeps,
        This is my first post here. Hope someone can shed some light on
this for me. I just found this on my windblows box and is not sure what
it is \?? Anyone help me identify it ?? It is in my startup folder. Its
called "repair.hta"

I have included the source code. See attachment.

                 Name: repair.hta
   repair.hta    Type: HTML Application (application/hta)
             Encoding: quoted-printable