Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Fix for MS Outlook Vulnerability - shortcut?

From: Elias Levy <aleph1 () SECURITYFOCUS COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 23:17:21 -0700

* Charl van der Walt (charl () WIPS SENSEPOST COM) [000722 20:46]:
Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether the inetcomm.dll probolem can be fixed simply by replacing the DLL. If so, why has
Microsoft not made the files available individually, instead of as part of complete version upgrade.

If the problem can be addressed by replacing the DLL, would anyone be interested in helping to compile a list of the
DLLs for the various MS flavours (95, 98, NT & 2000), or is the same DLL always used?

Better late than never. Yes, a source in-the-know has told me that
simply relpacing the inetcomm.dll is enough to fix the problem. You do
not need to upgrade your whole set up.

Thanks and Regards

Charl

charl van der walt            +27 83 454 4203         SensePost (Pty) Ltd

PS We have something of a bandwidth restriction here in the 3rd world so if the hole can be plugged without having to
download MEGS of data from the USA that would be nice :)

--
Elias Levy
SecurityFocus.com