Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[no subject]

From: Bruce Dang <xfrog98 () YAHOO COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:06:59 -0700

Paul,

I have seen this "bug" in IIS 4.0 before.  I think a friend of mine
exploited it a few months ago.  It has something to do with the NULL.HTW
file, it will reveal the passwords from the file (parsed on the server side
of course).  I never bothered to report it to MS sekurity cuz of laziness
:>.  I guess they will look into it now :<.  Thanks for bringing it up.

Cheers,

Bruce