Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: MS Outlook javascript parsing bug

From: dreed () AWD COM (Reed, David)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:23:18 -0600

Mikael,

The only thing I had to change was the reload() line to reflect

<script language="JavaScript1.2">
document.location.reload();
</script>

in the source of my signature, before I sent it to a developer (for giggles)
who has the (mis?)fortune of telecommuting today...  It didn't DoS the box,
but it took Outlook 98 with it.  :)  He called to whine and asked how big
the @#$(ing picture I sent him was; his ISDN wasn't liking it.  Heh.

I did manage to nuke myself, too; running Outlook 2000.