Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: PHP

From: jcptch () OSFMAIL ISC RIT EDU (Jon Parise)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 11:05:30 -0500

On Wed, Dec 01, 1999 at 12:00:22PM +0000, Darkcyde wrote:

These tend to spiral out of control as because if this happens when PHP is
existing as a module as (last time I looked anyway) there doesn't seem to
be a way of capping resources that module code eats.  (You may scream
Rlimitmem/rlimitcpu to me but that only applies to child processes, PHP
scripts run within Apache itself)

In the php3.ini file (defaults below):

; Resource Limits ;

max_execution_time = 30  ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
memory_limit = 8388608   ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)

--
Jon Parise (parise () pobox com)  .  Rochester Inst. of Technology
http://www.pobox.com/~parise/  :  Computer Science House Member