tcpdump mailing list archives

DLT type for Libpcap Library

From: Christian via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:31:12 +0200

--- Begin Message --- From: Christian <chris () argonautx net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 20:31:12 +0200
Hello everyone, another question that I have is which DLT-type I should use for my libpcap-module. Since Im writing a module which acquires data from a kernel module, which in turn has no IP-based packages at all. I have to define my very own data-type from the base onwards. But because this is nothing worth to release (maybe only for documentation of an example) I would rather use a DLT_USERn linktype. But this is only defined on applications which use pcap lib, not libpcap itself? Another question is: how to map the structure(s) in which I define my data types with the symbol in dlt.h?

Thanks for your help again

BR Christian

--- End Message ---