tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: continuous integration status update

From: Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 22:30:20 +0000

--- Begin Message --- From: Denis Ovsienko <denis () ovsienko info>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2021 22:30:20 +0000
On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 16:18:10 +0000
Denis Ovsienko via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
wrote:

[...]
The Travis CI subscription will cease in early March (unless there is
a sponsor willing to pay 82.80 USD per month). At this time the
impact of that would be the following:

* Linux on arm64
* Linux on ppc64le
* Linux on s390x

To me keeping these does not seem to be as important as other ongoing
work, but if I have enough spare time later, I might try rigging up a
standalone arm64 CI instance, just to learn one more aspect about it
in the process.

Hello list.

The Travis CI account is off the paid plan starting today. Since it
happens to have 10000 credits again, I have left it on hold to allow
future pre-release testing of s390x and ppc64le.

A partial replacement for that service is ci.tcpdump.org, which is a
buildbot instance doing Linux AArch64 builds for the github.com
repositories. It works, although there remains some space for
improvement:

* Some commits sometimes schedule two builds instead of one for no
  obvious reason.
* The commit status updates show my user account as the source. I had
  tried to make them come from an application account, but without
  success yet.
* There are no e-mail notifications yet.
* The buildbot worker is a bit slow, so a tcpdump build matrix run takes
  well over an hour to complete.

These imperfections will be addressed one by one later as time permits.

--
    Denis Ovsienko

--- End Message ---