tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: Request to add MCTP and PCI_DOE to PCAP link type

From: Guy Harris via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 18:39:39 -0800

--- Begin Message --- From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 18:39:39 -0800
On Dec 16, 2020, at 8:09 PM, Yao, Jiewen via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org> wrote:

I write this email to request to below 2 link types.

 1.  MCTP

MCTP packet is defined in DMTF PMCI working group Management Component Transport Protocol (MCTP) Base
Specification(https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0236_1.3.1.pdf) 8.1 MCTP packet fields.
It starts with MCTP transport header in Figure 4 - Generic message fields.

So this is for MCTP messages, independent of the physical layer?

Presumably the not-a-multiple-of-8-bits fields in Table 1 go from the high-order bits to the low-order bits, so that
the upper 4 bits of the first byte are the RSVD field and the lower 4 bits of the first byte are the Hdr version?

 1.  PCI_DOE

PCI Data Object Exchange (DOE) is an industry standard defined by PCI-SIG (https://pcisig.com/) Data Object Exchange
(DOE) ECN<https://members.pcisig.com/wg/PCI-SIG/document/14143>
(https://members.pcisig.com/wg/PCI-SIG/document/14143).

PCI Data Object Exchange (DOE) is defined in PCI-SIG Data Object Exchange (DOE) ECN
(https://members.pcisig.com/wg/PCI-SIG/document/14143) 6.xx.1 Data Objects. It starts with DOE Data Object Header 1
in Figure 6-x1: DOE Data Object Format.

Unfortunately, I'm not a member of the PCI SIG, so I don't have an account to log in to in order to read that document.

--- End Message ---