tcpdump mailing list archives

Re: [tcpdump] Keep win32/prj/WinDump.dsp ?

From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail via tcpdump-workers <tcpdump-workers () lists tcpdump org>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 11:36:18 +0200

--- Begin Message --- From: Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 11:36:18 +0200
On 08/06/2020 21:50, Guy Harris wrote:
On Jun 8, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Francois-Xavier Le Bail <devel.fx.lebail () orange fr> wrote:

Thus all the files in win32/prj/ could be removed?
(WinDump.dsp  WinDump.dsw  WinDump.sln  WinDump.vcproj)

I have no problem removing them and requiring Windows users to ue CMake, especially given that newer versions of
Visual Studio has CMake as an installable component.

If nobody else has said "no, I need them!" - and volunteered to take responsibility for maintaining them! - I'd say
we should get rid of them, as we're not maintaining them.  (CMake files 1) can handle multiple versions of Visual
Studio and 2) are intended to be maintainable by people using a text editor rather than generated by a big IDE that
runs primarily, if not exclusively, on Windows.)

Nobody has said 'we need to keep them', removed.

--- End Message ---